Every February brings around Safer Internet Day, an awareness campaign committed to helping everyone create and use technology responsibly, respectfully, critically, creatively, and safely. This year, we are joining the conversation, by curating this list of resources available from the Coalition that we hope will help keep you and the children and youth in your care safe online.
- Partners Newsletter: Adoption, Foster Care, Family . . . How Do We Use The Internet And Social Media?
- Tip Sheet: Online Safety Tips for Caregivers
- Fostering Across Wisconsin Newsletter: Social Media: The Changing Face of Connections
Books from Our Lending Library
- Sex, Drugs ‘n Facebook: A Parent Toolkit for Promoting Healthy Internet Use, by Megan A. Moreno
- Keeping Foster Children Safe Online, by Dr. John DeGarmo
- Foster Care and Social Networking, by Eileen Furland