Lakeshore Foster Families and Friends is a non-profit organization in Manitowoc, WI. Their mission is to support and empower children placed in out-of-home care in Manitowoc County and the families that provide for them.
They have a wide range of programs and services, but we will highlight just a few!
- Care Closet: A place for parents to shop for their children, free of charge! It is stocked with all brand new items, such as: clothes, hygiene items, toys, books, etc.
- Care Kits: A package of essential items prepared and given when a child is placed in a new home.
- Birthday Program: A birthday gift and cake are provided for each child’s birthday.
- Monthly Hygiene Order: Diapers, wipes, feminine hygiene products given monthly. We partner with Jake’s Network of Hope in Neenah who supplies the majority of these products.
- Fostering Connections: A bi-monthly support group for the parents.
Lakeshore Foster Families and Friends is honored to support those who take in children and love, care for, and support. They are also very appreciative of a community that is so supportive of their mission. It is through generous donations, sponsorships, and volunteers that we are able to carry out our mission.
If you would like to learn more about Lakeshore Foster Families and Friends, their services, or programs, please visit https://www.lakeshorefosterfamilies.org/ .
A special thanks to Taylor from Lakeshore Foster Families and Friends for her guest blog post contribution!