The Coalition for Children, Youth & Families, Inc. (the Coalition) was founded in 1984 by parents concerned about children waiting for adoptive homes. Today, we are a trusted and continuing presence through every stage of a family’s foster care, kinship, or adoption experience. We are an advocate for strong children and families, a coach for helping foster and adoptive families achieve resilience, and a leader in supporting families, parents, and professionals touched by foster care, kinship care, or adoption.
Our mission is to inspire, inform, and support children and families touched by foster care, adoption, or kinship care. We are committed to a vision of life-long permanence for all children and youth. We work to encourage resilient individuals and families to create and maintain a healthy and stable environment in which children and youth can thrive and grow.
Our programs utilize innovative, technology-driven approaches to
- inspire more Wisconsin families to consider foster care and adoption
- provide in-depth informational articles on a variety of topics relating to foster care, adoption, kinship, and caring for children
- offer a host of opportunities for parents to be lifelong learners on how best to meet the needs of the children in their care
At the Coalition, we believe that every child deserves a Champion—someone who loves them and believes in them no matter what. And we believe that to be a strong and resilient Champion, parents and caregivers need answers, resources, opportunities for connection, and support.
We seek a motivated individual with a passion for the nonprofit sector, communications, social media, and website management to assist in our Communications Department.
What Makes This a Great Opportunity?
The ability to work in an organization that embraces a diversity of person, background, and thought while continually looking for ways to foster innovation.
The duties listed below are intended to describe the general tasks of this position. Additional responsibilities may be added on an as-needed basis.
- Gain an understanding of Coalition communications goals, values, branding, and communication techniques.
- Provide layout and design support for material requests from the Program Team, including event flyers, website content updates, and more.
- Plan and schedule the organization’s social media postings, highlighting organization content in line with the Editorial Calendar and sharing additional information from other organizations and entities.
- Maintain, monitor, and seek to improve the organization’s email communications. Includes creating weekly email newsletters, training and event emails, development-related emails, email welcome series, re-engagement plans, A/B testing, etc.
- Monitor and seek to improve Search Engine Optimization on a family of seven websites.
- Support special events for both fundraising and program as needed.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media. Familiarity with Constant Contact and WordPress also a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written communication skills, including proficiency in editing and proofreading
- Ability to conduct primary research, including one-on-one or group interviews
- High comfort level with flexibility and urgency of work
- A commitment to professional ethics and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
Two- or four-year degree in marketing, communications, or related field of study.
The ideal candidate will be willing and able to embody the core values of the Coalition’s culture.
- Engage in collaborative, cooperative, and collective decision-making for the good of the organization
- Embrace the power of shared success as opposed to individual achievement
- See the positive intent in both one’s self and in others
- Work to create shared meaning and understanding on behalf of the Coalition’s mission
- Acknowledge individual strengths and talents
- Seek clarity or clarification from peers and management
- Actively take ownership of mistakes, seek out and accept constructive feedback, and take responsibility for one’s own emotions
- Maintain a positive and resilient spirit in the face of challenges or setbacks
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. The role generally involves daytime hours with an understanding and expectation that there are some evenings and weekend work requirements based on agency needs.
Interested applicants should:
- Fill out the form below.
- Upload a resume.