The Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families works to strengthen families and professionals connected to foster care and adoption by linking them to resources, information, training, and support they need to be successful. A large portion of the work we provide is in response to grants awarded to the agency through the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
Are you an energetic individual with excellent client engagement skills? Do you have a strong passion for supporting foster and adoptive families? Does the idea of responding to questions and locating information for individuals, families, and professionals appeal to you? Would you like the experience and challenge of organizing, scheduling, and conducting outreach, community presentations, and family events? Are you able to work nights and weekends when an agency event requires you do so? If you have a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field and think these questions match the type of job you are looking for, we would like you to consider applying for our Resource Specialist position.
Job Competencies Include:
- Excellent client engagement and response skills.
- Ability to form strong relationships with agency customers.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding foster care and adoption.
- Ability to organize and use lists of information for performing job duties.
- Strong presentation skills for target populations.
- Demonstrated dependability.
- High comfort level with flexibility, urgency of work.
- Ability to present and engage diplomatically.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Openness to creative thinking, new ideas.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- PC proficiency, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to travel throughout Wisconsin.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of foster care and adoption
This is a full time salaried position which generally involves day time hours with ability to work nights and weekends based on program need.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.