Dollars that Make a Difference
We work to strengthen foster, kinship, and adoptive families, equipping them with the tools, resources, and support they need to be strong, stable, and resilient. Ultimately, we work to ensure that children and youth remain in a loving, stable environment through adulthood.
Please click through the tabs above to learn more about how your donations support our work and make a difference in the lives of Wisconsin children, youth, and families touched by foster care, kinship care, and adoption.
Champion Classrooms is an online, on-demand community of connected learners that provides families and caregivers with access to in-depth, authoritative, and structured training and education opportunities on their terms. Each learner’s experience is customized to their individual needs, effectively providing a lifeline for families facing situations or behaviors that can be perplexing, disruptive, or heartbreaking. Funding will enable us to increase our capacity for developing engaging and interactive content, creating a richly diversified catalog of educational opportunities.
Parenting children who have experienced trauma—as so many foster and adoptive families do—can be extraordinarily stressful. No Matter What: Stories of Hope and Resilience is a one-of-a-kind film-driven website designed to encourage families to seek help and support when they are feeling hopeless and alone. The website features real stories from real people, ultimately providing inspiration to help struggling families make connections that will help build their strength and resilience.
Families touched by foster care and adoption often face a journey unlike their peers, one in which they see themselves, and the world around them, through a profoundly different lens. We offer events that provide children and parents with a safe place to learn, interact, and connect with one another. Trainings, workshops, conferences, and other Family Connections events are all specifically designed to expand a family’s circle of support and increase their confidence.
Thank you for joining our 2020 Golf Outing!
Please stay tuned for information about our 2021 event.
Save the date for our 2021 event!
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Our network of volunteer photographers donate their time and talents to the Coalition in a number of ways. Because we serve the entire state of Wisconsin, we are always looking for volunteer photographers in every county – or who may be willing to travel from time to time to a neighboring or nearby county.
- Photo listing services for waiting children. For children and youth being photo listed, we post a portrait and description on our website (wiadopt.org). These images are useful in helping us recruit permanent homes for waiting children and youth. All images from these sessions are donated directly to the Coalition for our use with a copyright tag line of the donating photographer and/or studio name.
(Please note: In the interest of maintaining and respecting the confidentiality and safety of the child/children/youth being photo listed, we ask that our volunteer photographers refrain from utilizing any and all images from a donated session in portfolios, blogs, social media, or website posts.)
- Senior portraits for youth in foster care. The statistics are grim for foster youth when it comes to high school graduation. And, even for those youth who do graduate, they often don’t have the resources to have senior portraits taken. This program pairs volunteer photographers with high school seniors in foster care who would otherwise be unable to have senior portraits taken.When completing a senior portrait photo session, we ask that you donate your time, including any travel time, talents, and a selection of digital files for the youth. If you wish to do more, for example, donating a print package, as well, that is entirely up to you! The Coalition does not receive any of the images from these sessions for publication or use.
(Please note: In the interest of maintaining and respecting the confidentiality and safety of the child/children/youth being photographed, we ask that our volunteer photographers refrain from utilizing any and all images from a donated session in portfolios, blogs, social media, or website posts.)
- Special events.We have a number of events, conferences, and occasions throughout the year that we like to have photographed. For example, our annual Adoption Celebration Gala in November, family conferences, our annual golf outing, and periodic open houses. We use the photos on our websites and in our publications. All images from these sessions are donated directly to the Coalition for our use with a copyright tag line of the donating photographer and/or studio name. In some cases, we are able to provide a small stipend upon receipt of digital images.
(Please note: In many cases, images taken at these types of events are clear for use by the donating photographer/studio in portfolios, blogs, social media, or website posts. A representative from the Coalition for Children, Youth & Families will confirm with the photographer if photos taken for an event can be shared.)
If you are interested in joining our network of volunteer photographers, please fill out and submit the form below.
The Coalition for Children, Youth & Families provides educational courses, webinars, conferences, and other training for families touched by foster care, adoption, and relative caregiving of children. We are always looking to share the perspectives, creativity, experience, and knowledge of experts in our industry on topics impacting our families. To see our current training offerings, please visit the Champion Classrooms.
Example presentation areas/topics include, but are not limited to:
- Childhood Trauma
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- Effective Discipline
- Teen Issues in Foster Care & Adoption
- Grief & Loss
- Identity Issues
- Impact of Opioid Crisis
If you would like to do a presentation for the Coalition, we invite you to complete the form below. If we are interested in contracting with you, a member of our team will reach out to you.