Recruitment and Outreach Support Specialist (ROSS) – Part-Time .5 FTE
The Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families works to inspire, inform, and support individuals and families caring for children touched by foster care and adoption. We provide outreach, support, information, and referrals to families and professionals. In addition, we act to raise awareness about the need for foster care and adoption through a variety of recruitment efforts. A large portion of the work we provide is in response to grants awarded to the agency through the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
We are currently seeking two passionate and committed individuals with lived experience as a foster parent to support our recruitment and outreach efforts. This position is a home-based, part-time position that may require extensive travel throughout the state of Wisconsin. We are seeking an individual to serve the southwest quadrant of the state and another to serve the northeast.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide support to agencies in recruitment and retention of foster families.
- Provide support to Resource Specialists in raising awareness of the need for foster families.
- Outreach to foster families to promote all program services and resources.
- Be available to talk with individuals seeking to learn more about becoming a foster parent.
- Assist with family events as needed.
- Represent the Coalition in a professional manner in all activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5 or more years experience as a foster or adoptive parent
- Valid Wisconsin’s driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Comfort working remotely in a home-based office with frequent reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of various cultural, racial, and ethnic groups cooperatively and respectively
- Strong presentation skills
- Openness to creative thinking, new ideas
- Willingness to travel throughout Wisconsin; including the attendance of monthly meetings in Milwaukee
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send resume and answers to the questions below to HR@coalitionforcyf.org or by mail to:
Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families
Attn: Human Resources Department
6682 W. Greenfield Ave, Suite 310
Milwaukee, WI 53214
- Please describe what attracts you to this position and employment with our agency.
- Please describe how your experience matches the outlined job posting and services provided by the Coalition for Children Youth and Families.
- Please describe the minimum salary requirements or range of salary you are looking for.